Roleplay hideout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
A RevelationThu Mar 05, 2020 5:19 amWolfie977
Menial Scavenging Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:19 amWolfie977
The Evolution of BeggingMon Jan 28, 2019 5:28 pmThe Famed Infy
Dreamer and Demon [Deshi]Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:44 pmMedicine Mom
Slow Park [Woofs]Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:13 pmWolfie977
It DreamsWed Jan 23, 2019 1:08 amMedicine Mom
Stampede (Deshi)Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:44 amWolfie977
Coffe For One [Deshi]Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:20 amHaru
On the Edge of the Unknown (Invite)Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:39 amHaru
Coffee For Another [Safi]Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:08 amMedicine Mom
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Go down
Wolfie977
Wolfie977
The Great Dragon of The Sea

This Isn't Cansis Anymore (Infy) [Middle Ward] Empty This Isn't Cansis Anymore (Infy) [Middle Ward]

Mon May 21, 2018 5:44 am
Temin's eyes would light up as she store around at all the foreign sights, sounds and smells that bombarded her senses leaving her feeling quite giddy. When she wished to have something grander to venture off to than just her old wheat farm in the middle of no where, this wasn't exactly what she meant! A quaint little village would of done, maybe a small adventure dotted in with a lost pair of glasses to go on a quest to find. You know, small fun things! Though this... This wasn't something she could of ever even dreamed of existing. There was no way she could figure this whole place out on her own, enlisting an assistance, a side kick! That would do the trick. Placing a quirky yet confident smile on her face, Temin would try to make some good first impressions on the oddities that inhabited this tower. Gotta make sure it counts, you only get one shot at a first impression! With a gentle cough to try and draw the attention of someone she approached...

This Isn't Cansis Anymore (Infy) [Middle Ward] Ti4qHzC

"Ahehm. Sir. Excuse me. If you have the moment to spare, could you... Point me towards the closest public bathroom? Thank you."
The Famed Infy
The Famed Infy

This Isn't Cansis Anymore (Infy) [Middle Ward] Empty Re: This Isn't Cansis Anymore (Infy) [Middle Ward]

Mon May 21, 2018 9:55 pm
From behind, the man looks perfectly normal. Refined, well dressed, with a cane in hand and a top hat on his head, steely grey locks running out from beneath to his shoulders. His frame is thin, but his suit is well tailored to it, cut to make him look slender rather than gaunt. Smoke hangs in the air around him, trailing about his head and leaving a curious scent in the air.

As the girl draws his attention, his weight shifts off the cane he'd been leaning on ever so slightly, and he turns to face her with luminous dark green eyes, deeply set into their sockets.

This Isn't Cansis Anymore (Infy) [Middle Ward] Skelli10

The skeleton has no eyebrows, and yet you're quite certain that they're raised.
「Well I dare say...have we here?」 The eyes of the skeletal being scan over Temin, seeming to take each even the most minor facets of her presence. 「You are quite the curiosity indeed! The odours of soil and naïveté hang thick around you, I find. Yes...truly most curious.」

「Ah, but where are my manners...here I am rambling whilst you seek relief.」 A passing embarrassment comes across the face of the well-dressed skeleton as he speaks, cigar never risking coming free from his mouth somehow despite the way his jaw moves as he talks. With a twirl of his cane, he spins about in his place, waving a hand as if to call Temin to follow as he begins to stride off. 「Come, my child. Allow me to lead the way.」
Wolfie977
Wolfie977

This Isn't Cansis Anymore (Infy) [Middle Ward] Empty Re: This Isn't Cansis Anymore (Infy) [Middle Ward]

Tue May 22, 2018 12:59 am
Bright yellow eyes would glow brighter almost instantly as the man Temin had attempted to get the attention of turned around. She'd gasp and hold up sleeve covered hands up to her mouth. The wide eyed girl would be quivering quite noticeably where she stood, though her look was not one of fear or worry. "Oh em gee... Please. This place... Even has living skeletons? ... Soooo cooooool... Thank you." Her words were whispered, yet still clearly spoken aloud. Looking down for a moment before looking back up, the girl would take in some deep breathes to try and calm herself back down. However she couldn't seem to get a handle on her quivering. "You have a sharp nose, how exciting. Thank you. I do come from a land of many soil, you too have quite the interesting scent about you. One I am admittedly not used to. Please."

With a nod, the Nejiiaka would stumble over her quaking feet to begin following the guy. "Yes. Please. Sorry, I am new to this place, have yet made an acquaintance with lavatories of the area. Home was small, the scale of this place is overwhelming. Thank you." Temin would try her best to keep up, not that she wasn't able to in a regular sense, however she kept stopping every few steps to gawk at... Well literally everything around her. "What is it like to be a living dead? Please. Or a skeleton. Unless you go by a different name here. Thank you." The girls eyes would visibly glow with curiosity as she asked this, quaking even more as she did as if she was ready to pop.
The Famed Infy
The Famed Infy

Tue May 22, 2018 1:51 am
The reaction of the Nejiaka simply earns a chuckle from the seemingly undead gentleman that stands before her. 「I would hope so! I've endeavoured to keep it as such on both accounts. It appears my efforts hath borne fruit!」

The skeleton walks beside Temin with an easy gait, cane clacking against the surfaces of the ground in a steady rhythm. He seems to both belong in his surroundings and be elevated above them, the presence of one solidly within their domain. For all the stopping and starting of the awestruck girl, he handles it with patience and dignity, content to move at her pace. 「You shall become accustomed to this place, I'm sure. That is, should you remain. Have you yet seen if you can return to your home? You may not have the opportunity should you linger here too long...t'would be tragic, to be certain.」 Stroking his jawbone, he lets out two perfectly formed smoke rings in the air, one going through the other. Nary a breath comes before or after the action, leaving onlookers to determine themselves how it did it without the air whispering of it.

Between two fingers of a gloved hand, he removes the cigar from the point where it had been pivoting on his jaw before answering the question. 「Unique, certainly! In many ways, tis the same for both of us - we taste and see, we feel wind and chill, and so forth. But the interesting difference is that your body has equipped you with the means for such things, whereas mine hath not! So how do I experience the things I do? I taste with no tongues, I smell without a nose, I feel the heat wash over my bones when they are naught but chunks of mineral. A curious mystery indeed! But nonetheless...a fact of life.」
Casually, the cigar that he had been smoking is offered to Temin, a sweet and numbing scent drifting off of its end. 「So, I appreciate what I have. Would you care to join me in this appreciation?」
Wolfie977
Wolfie977

Tue May 22, 2018 7:40 pm
With the shakiness of her legs, Temin would almost trip over something she'd blindly missed lying in the middle of the path as they walked. With a light stumble, the young Nejiiaka would catch herself and turn to see what it was that had tripped her, her eyes only lighting up even more as an idea sprung to mind. Now walking with the discarded stick in her possession, she would tap it along the ground as if copying the skeletal mans actions. "To linger too long? Mama fears it has already been this time. Thank you. Though adjusting could be fun. Please." With a hop, the girl would stop and stare, even wider eyed than before as a woman resembling a deer like centaur, covered from top to bottom in floral like clothing alongside actual flowers here and there traveled pass them the other way.

This Isn't Cansis Anymore (Infy) [Middle Ward] 2ppdIGw
"Uuu, thank you. She's so pretty. Please."

Temin's attention would only be re-caught by the display of perfect smoke rings, curious, the girl would raise a sleeve covered hand to try and reach the smoke. Though by the time she did they were already long out of her reach. "I'm so glad you can experience those. Please. Senseless life would feel quite lifeless. Thank you." Just as curious and enthusiastic as she had been for everything else so far, the Nejiiaka wouldn't take a second thought before taking and holding the cigar offered to her in her own mits, nodding appreciatively to the skelly. Staring at it in awe, there was a clear sense she had no idea what its actual purpose was as she brought up one end towards her nose and sniffed it gently.

This Isn't Cansis Anymore (Infy) [Middle Ward] Xwh0GXc
"Uuuakk... Please. This smells funny. Thank you."
The Famed Infy
The Famed Infy

Tue May 22, 2018 8:26 pm
The skeleton lets out a hearty chuckle, shaking his head at the girl's antics. 「Ah, youth...well, in that case, allow me to welcome you to the Junction! Should you and your mother need assistance, merely see me and I shall aid you as you need. I can certainly find you a better residence than most souls that find themselves in this place!」 He laughs warmly and openly, his airless voice resonating through the air. 「And perhaps, a proper cane if you are so enamoured with mine.」

At her awe with the people she sees, the gentle-skull looks down to her, giving her the kind of wide and toothy grin only a bare skull can provide. 「I assure you, my dear...this is only the barest surface of what you may see here! There many even lovelier than she...though I must admit she is fine. Her husband, however...」 The green light in one socket blinks out in a wink. 「...well, he was certainly fine too. I wonder how he has been since his marriage.」

Clacking his cane twice against the ground to call Temin's attention, he takes his free hand and taps a gloved finger against his lips. 「Just suckle gently on the end, and let the smoke sit within your mouth for a moment...then, blow it out into the air. Take it slowly, and don't breathe it in - unless you have predilections for inhaled smoke or coughing and sputtering I know not of!」
Wolfie977
Wolfie977

Thu May 24, 2018 2:18 pm
"It is quite a nice place. Thank you. We have enjoyed our stay here so far, even if it is overwhelming. Mama does miss our quiet home, though like me looks forward to discovering new spectacles. Please." The girl would nod towards the man, she was surprised at how nice they were, she had been quite lucky being it the first person she tried to ask for help out of everyone on the street. "We will like to try to solve issues on our own. Please. Though your offer is very generous, how exactly do you mean of better residence? Thank you."

The young Nejiiaka would continue to look positive, even if she was still quivering with each step. From the small amount she had seen, she expected there would be many other kinds of things. Though even if she had assumed that herself, hearing the words from someone who knew better than her just made her giddy with excitement. She bet there were even really creepy looking creatures who lived here! Ones that were truly really nice people deep down. … That thought made her feel a little sad. Hopefully people weren’t mean to those like that here. "Oh! She was recently married? Thank you. I hope that everything has been going well for them. Please.”

Temin would watch the man's example tentatively once he had called for her attention. Though his explanation of what to do with it made her feel a little unsure. "I’m not sure if Mama would want me to use this. Please. Sounds similar to something she uses, something she told me to never touch. Thank you." With a slightly displeased face, the girl would stare at the cigar in her hand for a moment longer, before turning suddenly to look at another passer. Using the opportunity of being faced away from the guy to very lightly suck on the end of the cigar hoping he wouldn’t notice. Which regardless of if he did or not mattered little as she’d instantly start coughing. "Uuuuak! This thing really does smell weird. Thank you. I, held it too close to my nose again by accident. Please."
The Famed Infy
The Famed Infy

Fri May 25, 2018 2:04 am
He chuckles once more, and there's a sense that even without the power to change his facial expression, the skeleton is smiling wide. 「Of course, of course. I shall hardly deny you the chance to gain your reward through your own efforts! All the same, though - my offer remains open to you at any time should you need to. Do let mama know, we can talk it over a drink - or two, or six. I have plenty to spare, I assure you.」
Bouncing his cane up in his hand, he gestures to the surrounding the pair before sliding back down in his hand and letting it come back against the ground. 「It is simple, anyway. New residents can apply for a year's residence without cost - or perhaps more, if there are extenuating circumstances. Alas, it is only a basic homestead, and not even one that you truly own.」 He looks down to Temin, before gesturing over his body. 「I, my dear girl, may do better for you should you seek it. I do not wear these garments because I am a pauper!」

The gentleman shakes his head slowly. 「I wouldn't know, but I'd hope the same. And perhaps, that the spouses are willing to share occasionally. It would be fun, and her husband truly was a delight.」

He waves a gloved hand in the air at her words. 「Very well, though I assure you...she has had nothing of the ilk of what you hold now.」
Temin would notice a couple of things as she sampled the cigar. The first is the rush of sheer nostalgia in her mind, the odour of the cigar that hung in the air changing to familiar and homely scents.
The second is the man laughing uproariously as she started coughing.
「Oh, my dear child...I think you've had more than enough.」 He plucks the cigar from her hands with the tips of his fingers, dropping it back into his jaw with one. 「We can't be losing you to reminiscence now!」

The luminous green that serves as the skeleton's eyes casts a knowing look over the area. 「I should think we are approaching our destination...」 A quiet little hmph would come from the gentleman as that sense of a smile emanated from him again. 「Is there anything you would like to ask of me? Any thing you could imagine. Do not be shy, and certainly do not worry of offending me.」
Wolfie977
Wolfie977

Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:06 am
The girl would nod twice quickly, pause, then nod for a third time. "Yes. I will inform mama, I'm sure it'll ease the stress on her if you speak the truth. Thank you. I am aware the basic accommodation in this place isn't the best, we have been here for a short while already. Though how do you, how are you able to help us? Please." It did seem odd. Sure he might just be a nice guy, though they had only just met. Surely the guy doesn't offer this to everyone he talks to, right? Why would he be being specifically nice to her? Hopefully no harm came from it, either way.

Temin's shaking would stop briefly after the cigar was taken away from her, the Nejiiaka's eyes would narrow slightly as she sniffed at the air. "... My wheat fields? The old mill? Mama's special pie? Please. These smells, they are all so... They're correct. It is strange, how are they all around? Thank you." However the small creature couldn't hold it and would begin shaking again, it was odd though. Not until this moment, right now, she missed home... It hadn't occurred to her at first how much everything about home was special. It seemed so ordinary, the world was always the same as if on repeat for years. Yet as soon as it was gone, no way to go back. Only then was it easy to see how special it truly was to her. "...  Please... I don't want anymore... Thank you."

Destination was close? That was a relief, as much as this had been fun and preferably she didn't want to stop talking to... Had she found out his name before? Her mind was clouded with holding back to urge to pee. Though she was fairly sure she hadn't. "Yes! I do have a couple questions for you. Thank you. What do you do for a living? Can you tell me of where you were from before here? And what is your name? Please." Readjusting her scarf and making sure her hat was on straight the girl would give a small smile and continue. "My name is Temin. Please. First born of the Chumon family. It has been a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Thank you."
The Famed Infy
The Famed Infy

Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:03 am
The skeleton gestures down his body with one gloved hand. 「You cannot guess just by looking?」
He chuckles to himself. 「It is quite simple, dear. I have an abundance of friends, and an abundance of funds. Just one of those may grant you many things, but to possess both is to have more than any one alone.」 He gestures out his free hand toward Temin. 「What I offer you is access to enough to find you comfort. I am sure I could talk to somebody if you have trouble finding work as well...or perhaps, you might like to take a spell under my employ? I promise you, I drink more than I bite!」
It was not something offered to everybody he met, no.
...just those who may need it, and would appreciate it once they have it.

That feeling of a raised brow returns as the Nejiiaka comments on the scents that came.  「It's curious what you find you hold dear, no? How precious simple things are. Sometimes, you just require the reminder.」 He holds out his cigar once more, as if to present it, before returning it to its place in his jaw. 「That is what is so special about this...a little puff, and you relive those tastes and scents. They may change over time, for certain, but they are never untrue.」

He actually has to pause to think for a moment, before his luminous gaze fixes on Temin. 「If I am to tell the truth, I know not of what came before here, if anything. I have resided here a long time...less than some, but more than many. 」  He stares out before him, appearing somewhat wistful. 「I have existed in this manner with a fortune at my hands, one that only appears to accumulate to greater heights over time through the efforts of those I employ. It was an adjustment to start, and I did many things I would not be inclined to now...I'm sure certain stories have endured. But that was then. This is now.」
As they come to a halt at the so sought toilet, he straightens up and faces Temin fully, cane set down and stature noble. 「It is good to meet you, Temin. So allow me to introduce myself as I ought before! I am the Baron Samuel Derringer!」 He gives his skeletal grin as he projects his cane up in to the air, twirling it on one finger before bringing it solidly back into his grasp. 「But to a friend such as you, I tend to be more oft known as Sammy D.」
Wolfie977
Wolfie977

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:50 pm
The girl would bring her hands together and play with her sleeves, still shaking slightly. "..." The girl would stare blankly at the long explanation of the Skeleton's position in the word, she'd smile gently near the end. "You have lots of funds, that is what you are trying to say? Please. You don't have to try to impress me. It's not a hard task to do. Thank you." Temin would tease, suddenly staring round at a person made entirely of water walking past. How does that even work! It was sooo cooool!

Though, the Nejiiaka would slowly turn back. She wasn't sure if it was the atmosphere the man was trying to set or not, but something about the way he explained his past felt like he was longing for the truth himself. It was a little sad to hear it like that. Hopefully it didn't actually bring him down too much. "You forget of times from before? Thank you. That must be hard. I wish there was a way I could help you get your memories back. Though, do you enjoy what you have now? Please."

Without giving Sammy much of a chance to react himself, Temin would grab hold of his free hand to gently shake it. "It has been great making your acquaintance! Please. I apologies for rushing off, but I must! Thank you." Wanting to waste no more time before she just burst, Temin would turn round to approach the toilets she was brought to... Though she wasn't quite sure what the two different signs meant? They didn't look like the generic male and female ones she'd seen before. Luckily someone was just walking out of the room! That would of helped if they didn't look like some form of water based reptilian. Thee difference between an alligator and a crocodile was so hard to remember! Though she took her chances and fortunately entered the right room.
The Famed Infy
The Famed Infy

Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:11 pm
He chuckles and shakes his head. 「If that is how you understand it, then that is close enough. I don't particularly mean to impress...merely express.」 His eyes drift up in their sockets, before a sense of a smile can be felt. 「Though I cannot say I fully lack some flair for the dramatic.」

He waves his hand in the air, and adjusts his hat. 「What came before is unimportant. The only thing that matters is what I do now. I could not care less otherwise.」 He looks over the cane within his hand - a fine piece, well worn and well kept. Somehow, it had endured ever since he acquired it, and it was hard to imagine not having it now. It felt like a part of him. 「And that does indeed mean enjoying that which I now have. I would hardly have it another way.」

Samuel seems to beam as she takes his hand and runs off, following her flight. 「If you wish to see me again, give my name to CWIS! She shall see to the rest!」
With one last twirl of his cane, he sets off once more. He'd heard of a delightful new restaurant opening up...

/\/\/\|=| Depart |=|/\/\/\
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum